Enjoy Good Oral Health Again with Restorative Dentistry
Dental restoration is a procedure to repair chipped, cracked, fractured, damaged or decayed tooth and to restore the function, integrity and morphology of the missing tooth structure. The affected part is removed and then it’s filled with dental restorative material called composite. The shade is selected to resemble the shade of natural tooth.
Patients who are disturbed from tooth trauma or decay would be the ideal patient for the Inlay and Onlay treatment. This method has been developed for the alternative to the dental crown, which requires less tooth grinding compared to crown procedure. This method helps to glow the appearance of the teeth and form a strong structure. These are fabricated from CAD/CAM Lab.
GOLD INLAY & ONLAY
An overlay is used when the damage is a little more extensive. First, the decay will be removed from the tooth and a mold will be taken of the area and sent to a dental lab. A restoration is then created to perfectly fit your mouth out of porcelain, gold, or composite resin.
Dentists use dental crowns in order to restore your tooth’s strength, shape and size and also helps restore your natural looking smile.
TYPES OF DENTAL CROWNS
A. METAL FREE CROWN/ ALL CERAMIC / ZIRCONIA CROWN
(EXCELLENT AESTHETICS , HIGHLY PRECISE & LIFE LASTING)
DENTAL Zirconia crowns has been the choice of restoration for posterior crowns, due to its superior strength and stability to withstand functional stresses.
DENTAL ZIRCONIA CROWN SERIES
- DENTAL ZIRCONIA PLATINUM / PLATINUM PLUS
Dental Zirconia Platinum – a biomedical grade material from Germany used for the fabrication of Crowns, Bridges , Custom implant abutments ,inlay, onlays and primary telescopes.
- DENTAL ZIRCONIA PREMIUM / PREMIUM PLUS
The paradigm shift in dentistry for life like restorations that mimic natural tooth structure based on perceived and actual aesthetics and functional patient.
- DENTAL ZIRCONIA CLASSIC
Dental Zirconia Classic has a flexural strength of 1450MPa, and crowns and bridges up to 16 units are possible.
- DENTAL ZIRCONIA ULTRA PLUS
Dental Zirconia Basichas a flexural strength of 1450MPa and is indicated for crowns and bridges up to 5 units (3 and 2 continuous pontics may be given in anterior and posterior regions respectively).
- DENTAL ZIRCONIA SOLID PLUS
This crown eliminate the layer of porcelain over the crown thereby making the crown much stronger. It is a great choice for posterior teeth. It is suitable for patients with bruxism and for cases with less interproximal space. Crowns and bridges up to 3 units are indicated.
- DENTAL ZIRCONIA BRUXCARE
These are monolithic zirconia restorations with no ceramic layering, which makes the restoration completely chip-proof. It causes low wear on opposing dentition. It has a flexural strength of 1550MPa.
BEFORE & AFTER
- CASE 1 – FULL CERAMIC CROWNS
- CASE 2 – FULL CERAMIC CROWNS
- CASE 3 – FULL CERAMIC CROWNS
B. PFM CROWN ( PORCELAIN FUSED TO METAL)
DMLS CAD/CAM PFM (PORCELAIN FUSED TO METAL
- A certified system for additive manufacturing of new generation PFMs, DMLS. Uses the German imported EOSINT M270 laser sintering machine. The metal frame is fabricated using CAD files by sintering special Co-Cr-Mb-based powder layer by layer.
- The CAM process facilitates equal space for ceramic binding and avoids ceramic chip-off.
- The fabrication of long span bridges through sintering eliminates rocking.
GOLD CROWN WITH PORCELAIN
(Best Metal- Porcelain Bonding Ever)
C. METAL CROWN
NICKEL CHROMIUM CROWN —- NOW OUTDATED
GOLD CROWN —– BEST CROWN EVER (BUT COSTLY)
Gold has been used in dentistry for tooth repair for more than 4,000 years. Dentists today most often combine gold with other metals, such as palladium, nickel, or chromium. They don’t wear down easily and require minimal tooth removal to be applied. These crowns are very durable and can last for decades.
METAL CROWN WITH ACRYLIC FACING — OUTDATED
- Acrylic resins are plastic materials that are processed by means of polymerization in special furnaces at 150-200 degrees Celsius (300-400 Fahrenheit).
- It is not indicated to place acrylic resins on the occlusal side of teeth because of the low resistance. Their main indication is for temporary prosthetic devices.
- The main advantage is their low cost and easy manufacturing but they are significantly inferior to both porcelain and dental composite.
D. ACRYLIC CROWN — TEMPARARY CROWN
Temporary crowns can be made in your dentist’s office, whereas most permanent crowns are typically made in a dental laboratory.
Lost or missing teeth can leave embarrassing visible gaps between your natural teeth.
The teeth supporting your bridge will be shaped and prepared so that they’ll successfully hold the bridge in place.
TYPES OF DENTAL BRIDGES
- TRADITIONAL DENTAL BRIDGE
- CANTILEVER DENTAL BRIDGE
- MARYLAND DENTAL BRIDGE
- IMPLANTED SUPPORTED BRIDGE
TRADITIONAL DENTAL BRIDGE
Two crowns with the porcelain infused to metal (False tooth) in between to fix the natural oral system.
CANTILEVER DENTAL BRIDGE
In cantilever bridge, crowns only one tooth to support the missing tooth.
MARYLAND DENTAL BRIDGE
It is also called a resin-bonded bridge. In this treatment, the false tooth is carried with a metal framework, looks like porcelain wings act one side of the bridge and get fixes to restore the natural look.
IMPLANTED SUPPORTED BRIDGE
If you happen to see more missing teeth, Then you will be advised to go for implanted supported dental bridge. It is a surgical method to substitute false tooth instead of the missing tooth.