1.) Have you experienced pain or inflammation during the birth of the last wisdom teeth?
Wisdom Tooth extraction is an oral surgery happen to one who suffers with the eruption of wisdom tooth.
The third molar permanent teeth come out at the age of 17 to 25. It is not as simple as the other tooth eruption. In some cases, there is no space left for the new teeth. So, it suffocates and try to erupt, that creates pain, infection, inflammation etc. Therefore, wisdom tooth extraction is initiated by the dentist to neglect the future oral issues.
2.) Impact behind impacted wisdom teeth
- They may grow in an irregular position (Towards teeth, back of the mouth, wrong angle or position, disturbing the jaw)
- Food can get trapped and develops cavities and infection
- It can lead to gum disease
- It can spoil the neighbouring tooth and bone etc.
3.) Why wisdom tooth Extraction proposed by your dentist?
- Removal of wisdom tooth can be the only option to escape from future oral problems.
- To save the nearby tooth and stop the aggressive eruption.
- Moreover, if there is no space or life for the last teeth, it needs to be out instead of accumulating the complications.
- Though you could follow proper hygiene instead of showing special care to the impacted wisdom teeth
Benefits of Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Reduces the risk of gum and tooth disease
- Removing the wisdom tooth removes the facial pain
- The frequency of your headache caused by the wisdom tooth movement will fade eventually
- To avoid overcrowding, severe infection and inflammation
- To protect the nearby neighbouring teeth
When your impacted wisdom teeth discovered, the dentist investigate the entire issue and sugest solutions. Later, your dentist recommends you to consult an oral surgeon to carry out extraction. Once it is decided ,your teeth undergoes examination, and the X-Ray is taken.
Before the surgery starts , your surgeon will give local anaesthesia to numb the area around the tooth to execute the extraction.If you are panic, then sedative injection will be allowed to relax for the surgery.
Wisdom Tooth Extraction
If the tooth comes out through gums, it is easy to remove or is broken and removed in pieces. Also a small piece of bone wrapping the tooth is removed. It will take 30-45 min to complete the procedure and is not painful.
Your dental surgeon seal the gums with stitches. You will be adviced to give a pressure on your jaw, it allow the socket to fill blood clot that helps in the healing process. Once all done with the procedure, follow the advice of your dentist and back for the check up after 24 hrs and suture removal after 7 days.
- Soft diet like soup, yogurt , ice cream and jelly.
- Avoid rinsing or spitting
- Use ice pack
- Do not smoke for at least 3 days following surgery
- Do not use straw for 3 days following surgery
- Take your medication as prescribed by your doctor
Sinus Lift Procedure
- Cut incision at the premolar area
- Raise the tissue to expose the bone
- A small window is opened in the bone
- Gently pushing the sinus membrane up and away from the jaw bone
- Packing the bone-graft into the space where the sinus was
- Stitching the tissue
- Placement of implant after four to six months
Socket Preservation after Tooth Extraction
Socket preservation is a procedure to reduce the bone loss after tooth extraction by preserving the bone of alveolar ridge. A membrane contains bone growth enhancing element or a bone graft is placed in the socket of an extracted tooth at the time of extraction to prevent bone resorption. The socket is then directly closed with stitches.
Bone Grafting & Augmentation
Bone grafting is a procedure where the dentist place and add bone graft or bone-like material to the jaw bone so that it will grow and fuse with the existing jaw bone within few months.
After tooth extraction, the bone undergo absorption which leads to loss of the bone height. Dental implants must have enough bone to support them in order to hold implant for long period of time.
If the bone wasn’t long enough, wide enough or hard enough you will need procedure to add bone to your jaw.